Goronya 1080P HDMI to HDMI Audio Extractor

This product is exactly what I was looking for. I have my Nintendo Wii U connected to my monitor via HDMI and was using the internal monitor speakers (which sound terrible). With this product I can extract the audio track from the HDMI cable and output it through stereo RCA connectors. Now I can play audio from my Wii U through my Mackies speakers and it sounds miles better!



The device is a small box powered by a mains adapter (included). No audio or HDMI leads are included, which was a bit annoying as I had to search everywhere for a RCA to phone cable. The device has two RCA ports (left and right channel audio) and two HDMI ports (input and output). There is a 3 position switch which sets the device to pass the audio straight through, extract it to stereo audio or extract it to surround audio.



Preferably I want to connect the audio to my pc through the line in of my sound card but I haven’t work out how to do that yet. I was able to achieve this by connecting to the microphone port and listening to the microphone port, but the sound was not very clear and crackled from time to time.




This is a very good product and it suits my needs perfectly. I would have liked to see an audio cable included, otherwise I am happy with this product. This would suit any console users wishing to play the audio separately through decent speakers.

Product link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EJ174JA
by Goronya
 photo FourHalfStars.png

No comments:

Post a Comment