Bengoo Earphones

I received two pairs of earphones from Bengoo to review.

Pair one:
I am impressed by these earphones they look very well designed and have a homemade feel to them. As with other Bengoo products, the connecting wire is see-through with a brown tint, inside which you can see the individual stereo and microphone wires.



The connecting 3.5mm jack is a 3 pole connector which will allow you to use them as a hands-free kit in most smartphones. The earphones were tested on a Nexus 5 smartphone playing the charts from Spotify. The audio quality was found to be very good with a nice thumpy bass to it. The mic was tested by using the Google voice feature which was able to clearly recognise my request for the weather forecast in Dartmoor.


These earphones come packaged in a zip-up, padded, clam-shell case along with two pairs of alternative ear tip sizes. The silicon tips are very fiddly to work with and some patience is required for fitting them.


The ear pieces look really good and although quite weighty, they stay in your ears. Plugging these into my laptop produces really good audio quality with no issues.



To conclude, these earphones look very well made with a homemade vibe to them. They would suit music lovers who listen to music from their smartphone or anyone requiring a hands-free kit for their smartphone. They have a really nice bass to them and fit well in my ears.

Product links: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HXTHVX4
by Bengoo
 photo ThreeStars.png

Pair Two:
Initially I was impressed by these earphones they look very well designed and have a homemade feel to them. The connecting wire is see-through with a brown tint, inside which you can see the individual stereo and microphone wires.



The connecting 3.5mm jack is a 3 pole connector which will allow you to use them as a hands-free kit in most smartphones. The earphones were tested on a smartphone playing the charts from Spotify and the audio quality was found to be very good with a nice thumpy bass to it. The mic was tested by using the Google voice feature on a Nexus 5 which was able to clearly recognise my request for weather forecast.


These earphones come packaged in a hard shell case along with 3 pairs of ear tips. The padded tips slip easily onto the earphones and are comfortable in the ear. Whereas the silicon tips are very fiddly to work with (some patience is required for fitting these) and are not as comfortable in the ear.

My main issue is the weighting and shape of the earpieces. Although they look good, they heavier than most earphones and it may be my ears, but I can’t for the life of me get the right side earpiece to stay in.

Plugging these into my laptop produces horrendous whisper-quiet audio quality. I could not identify the cause of this and BenGoo’s other earphones did not have this fault. This is not a huge problem for me as I tend to use earphones with my smartphone and let me reiterate there was no issue with the audio when used this way.


To conclude, these earphones look very well made with a homemade vibe to them. They would suit music lovers who listen to music from their smartphone or anyone requiring a hands-free kit for their smartphone. I have marked down my rating of this product purely on the basis that they will not stay in my ears. They may fit better in other peoples ears and I hope that BenGoo revises the product to suit people with my ear size.

Product links: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HTHPDDU
by Bengoo
 photo TwoStars.png

No comments:

Post a Comment